SANITATION /RECYCLING/YARD WASTE
♦ Household Trash
♦ Bulky Waste - Special Pick Ups
♦ Yard Waste
♦ Items We Don't Collect
♦ Leaves and Yard Waste
♦ Leaf Blower Regulation
This easy tool is provided by Sustainable Westchester. ReCollect can also be downloaded as a mobile app on your phone.
Find your collection schedule by trash category: Input your address in the My Schedule box below. You may set up a pick-up appointment here also.
Recycling and disposing of specific waste items: Click on Recylopedia and add your address.
For general Bronxville recycling information, scroll down the page.
Bronxville's 2022 Sanitation/Recycling Schedule: Is available upon request. Additional copies of the schedule are available at Village Hall and the Library.
♦ Houshold Trash
- Qualifying Items: Regular household garbage. No large items or recyclables.
- Pick Up Days: Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday
- Holidays: No pickup
- 2022 Sanitation Schedule: Click HERE
If you are not sure of your pickup day please call the Office of Public Works at (914) 337-7338
♦ Special Pick Up - Bulky Waste Collection
- All Bulky Waste - Special Pick Ups require a Bulky Waste Collection Request form.
- Complete and submit the Bulky Waste Form HERE
- Payment: Pay online or to pay cash or check come to Village Hall. For online payments, you will be prompted once you have submitted the online Bulky Waste Request Form.
- Payment must be received a minimum of 24 hours before the scheduled pickup date.
- Item Placement: Items for collection must be placed at curbside after dusk the night before or by 7:00 AM the morning of the scheduled pickup. Please note bulk pickups typically take place between 7:00 AM and 01:00 PM, DPW may collect your items separately depending on your items.
- Residents must detail all items to be collected; the Village reserves the right to refuse pick-up of any items exceeding the size or capacity of our waste collection vehicles. Bulky waste pickup is intended to collect a limited number of items and residents who have multiple items should consider contacting a waste disposal company.
- Refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners must have freon and doors removed. Freon must be removed by a licensed professional, click HERE to visit Westchester County website for a list of contractors.
- Bulky Waste - Special Pick Up Days:
- Every Thursday: For those with Monday/Thursday trash collection days
- Every Friday: For those with Tuesday/Friday trash collection days
- Regular household batteries can be placed in your garbage.
- Car batteries should be returned to the place of purchase ($5.00 rebate).
- Retailers that sell rechargeable batteries are required to accept up to ten batteries per day.
♦ Items We Do Not Pick Up
Bath tubs | Building Materials | Car batteries | Car tires | Compressed gas cylinders (call Tech Air 949-5151 or Suburban Propane 666-5174) | Construction Debris | Explosives | Heating boilers | Iron | Pesticides | Propane tanks | Solvents | Steel | Stones | Tree Trunks and Stumps | Water heaters | Stoves | Dishwashers
- Place materials curbside by 7:00A.M. on the collection date.
- Do not place items in plastic bags.
- Pick Up Day: Every Wednesday
- Qualifying Items & Separation Requirements click HERE
- Westchester County Quick Recycling Guide click HERE
♦ Yard Waste Leaf Collection
- Collection: Five days a week as needed throughout the Village mid October through the first week in December.
- Leaves are to be placed curbside and kept off the street and sidewalks.
- Do not mix twigs, branches, rubbish, flowers or any other materials in the leaf piles as it delays collection. Place them instead in a separate pile away from the leaves in biodegradable bags.
- Better yet...Mulch leaves in place and experience a healthier lawn.
Other Yard Waste Collection (Grass clippings, small branches, twigs, flowers and cuttings)
- Collection: The first week of April through the first week in October.
- Grass Clippings: We encourage residents to leave their grass clippings as a means of recycling. Grass clippings can also be placed with your yard waste in biodegradable bags.
- Small Branches: Are collected provided they meet the following criteria: Cut into lengths not exceeding four feet. Tied into bundles not exceeding 18" in diameter. Must be kept separate from other yard waste materials.
- Twigs, flowers and cuttings: Place in biodegradable bags and put curbside.
Learn More! Love 'Em and Leave 'Em is an initiative of Westchester County to reduce organic yard waste.
♦ Leaf Blower Regulation
The use of gasoline-powered blowers is unlawful in the Village from December 15 through March 15 AND May 15 through October 15 of each year.
♦ Food Scrap Recycling
This is a voluntary program offered to Bronxville Village residents. Kits are available in Village Hall for $25 payable by cash or check to the order of The Village of Bronxville. The Food Scrap Recycling Drop-Off Site is located on Palumbo Place behind Bronxville Village Hall. Enter at the Midland Avenue entrance. Drop-off hours are from 8:00am to 7:00pm, 7 days a week. There is no charge to drop off food scraps and we ask you do not leave anything other than your food waste at the site.
♦ Sanitation and Recycling Forms and Resources
- Bulky Waste Collection Request
- How to Safely Dispose of Waste
- Leaf Mulching
- Recycling Bin Request
- Removing Freon from your Appliances
- Additional Recycling and Waste Disposal Options: Westchester County Recycling Household Recovery Facility (Valhalla)