The Bronxville History Center, located in the lower level of the Bronxville Public Library, is the Village of Bronxville’s repository of personal and organizational historical materials—personal papers, organizational records, photographs, newspapers, maps, books, artifacts, and other items—relating to Bronxville’s history. The History Center's collections complement the holdings of the Village of Bronxville Archives, located in Village Hall, which holds the official records of the Village.
The History Center is directed by the Village Historian, who is responsible for making the historical collections available to anyone who wants to use them, and for organizing public and educational programs to help the people of Bronxville and others to learn about and contribute to a collaborative understanding of the Village’s history. The History Center's collections can be used, by appointment with the Village Historian, during the library’s open hours.
About 95,000 pages of Bronxville’s historic newspapers, from 1902 to 2007, are available and searchable online at news.hrvh.org. This is a wonderfully rich resource for anyone interested in Bronxville’s history. Finding aids for the History Center’s other collections are or will be, as they are completed, linked to collection names on the HISTORICAL COLLECTIONS page on this site.
Educational activities, collections of documents intended for student use, and lesson plans focused on Bronxville’s history will be, as they are prepared, linked to the names of these activities and collections on the STUDENTS AND TEACHERS page.
The VILLAGE HISTORY page links to brief accounts of aspects of Bronxville’s history and to a list of books about Bronxville.
Contact the Village Historian at [email protected].