Scroll down to learn more about:
♦ Household Trash
♦ Bulky Waste - Special Pick Ups
♦ Yard Waste
♦ Items We Don't Collect
♦ Leaves and Yard Waste
♦ Leaf Blower Regulation
♦ Resources and Forms
This easy tool is provided by Sustainable Westchester. ReCollect can also be downloaded as a mobile app on your phone.
Find your collection schedule by trash category: Input your address in the My Schedule box below. You may set up a pick-up appointment here also.
Recycling and disposing of specific waste items: Click on Recylopedia and add your address.
For general Bronxville recycling information, scroll down the page.
Bronxville's 2020 Sanitation/Recycling Schedule: Is available upon request. Additional copies of the schedule are available at Village Hall and the Library.
♦ Houshold Trash
- Qualifying Items: Regular household garbage. No large items or recyclables.
- Pick Up Days: Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday
- Holidays: No pickup
- 2020 Sanitation Schedule: Click HERE
If you are not sure of your pickup day please call the Office of Public Works at (914) 337-7338
- All Bulky Waste - Special Pick Ups require a Bulky Waste Collection Request form.
- Complete and submit the Bulky Waste Form HERE
- Payment: Pay online or to pay cash or check come to Village Hall. For online payments, you will be prompted once you have submitted the online Bulky Waste Request Form.
- Payment must be received a minimum of 24 hours before the scheduled pickup date.
- Item Placement: Items for collection must be placed at curbside after dusk the night before or by 7:00 A.M. the morning of the scheduled pickup.
- Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners properfly stickered with freon and doors removed, click HERE to visit Westchester County website for a list of contractors.
- Bulky Waste - Special Pick Up Days:
- Every Thursday: For those with Monday/Thursday trash collection days
- Every Friday: For those with Tuesday/Friday trash collection days
- Regular household batteries can be placed in your garbage.
- Car batteries should be returned to the place of purchase ($5.00 rebate).
- Retailers that sell rechargeable batteries are required to accept up to ten batteries per day.
Bath tubs | Building Materials | Car batteries | Car tires | Compressed gas cylinders (call Tech Air 949-5151 or Suburban Propane 666-5174) | Construction Debris | Explosives | Heating boilers | Iron | Pesticides | Propane tanks | Solvents | Steel | Stones | Tree Trunks and Stumps | Water heaters
- Place materials curbside by 7:00A.M. on the collection date.
- Do not place items in plastic bags.
- Pick Up Day: Every Wednesday
- Qualifying Items & Separation Requirements click HERE
- Westchester County Quick Recycling Guide click HERE
Collection: Five days a week as needed throughout the Village mid October through the first week in December.
Leaves are to be placed curbside and kept off the street and sidewalks.
Do not mix twigs, branches, rubbish, flowers or any other materials in the leaf piles as it delays collection. Place them instead in a separate pile away from the leaves in biodegradable bags.
Better yet...Mulch leaves in place and experience a healthier lawn.
Other Yard Waste Collection (Grass clippings, small branches, twigs, flowers and cuttings)
- Collection: The first week of April through the first week in October.
- Grass Clippings: We encourage residents to leave their grass clippings as a means of recycling. Grass clippings can also be placed with your yard waste in biodegradable bags.
- Small Branches: Are collected provided they meet the following criteria: Cut into lengths not exceeding four feet. Tied into bundles not exceeding 18" in diameter. Kept separate from other yard waste materials.
- Twigs, flowers and cuttings: Place in biodegradable bags and put curbside.
Learn More! Love 'Em and Leave 'Em is an initiative of Westchester County to reduce organic yard waste.
The use of gasoline-powered blowers is unlawful in the Village from June 1 through September 30 of each year.
- Bulky Waste Collection Request
- How to Safely Dispose of Waste
- Leaf Mulching
- Recycling Bin Request
- Removing Freon from your Appliances
- Additional Recycling and Waste Disposal Options: Westchester County Recycling Household Recovery Facility (Valhalla)